Roughly half of the mortgages owned or guaranteed by Fannie Mae are registered in the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems name, according to a filing by the government-sponsored enterprise last week.
Fannie’s guaranty book of business totaled $2.9 trillion at the end of the first quarter, meaning about $1.45 trillion of loans are registered in MERS’ name. The connection, Fannie said, poses a significant risk.
Click HERE For More Information | HousingWire
NewsletterSignup for the free Sikora Law newsletter to keep up with the latest news and events about property law!
- Our 150th Post: Ohio Supreme Court Holds Appeal of Planning Commission Order by Service of Summons by Clerk of the Courts on Administrative Agency Along with Notice of Appeal within Statutory Timeframe is Sufficient
- Federal Reserve chief has one recipe for housing market
- Distressed Property Sales Drop, Despite Push to Sell
- American home equity cut by one-third
- More lawmakers join major push to reduce QRM down payment