A bill to create a new market for financing mortgages that would help wean the $10.6 trillion U.S. mortgage market off government support advanced in the House of Representatives on Tuesday.
The House Financial Services Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises approved the legislation on a voice vote.
Click HERE For More Information | Reuters
NewsletterSignup for the free Sikora Law newsletter to keep up with the latest news and events about property law!
- Our 150th Post: Ohio Supreme Court Holds Appeal of Planning Commission Order by Service of Summons by Clerk of the Courts on Administrative Agency Along with Notice of Appeal within Statutory Timeframe is Sufficient
- Federal Reserve chief has one recipe for housing market
- Distressed Property Sales Drop, Despite Push to Sell
- American home equity cut by one-third
- More lawmakers join major push to reduce QRM down payment