Lawyers aren’t supposed to stop working on cases without filing motions to withdraw.
But that’s what attorney David J. Stern reportedly has said he plans to do, at the end of the month, according to letters he sent to chief judges concerning approximately100,000 foreclosure cases throughout Florida. Among them are around 9,000 cases in Palm Beach County, the Palm Beach Post reports.
Chief Judge Peter Blanc tells the newspaper he’s never encountered a situation like this before and is trying to figure out what to do next.
Click HERE For More Information | ABA Journal
NewsletterSignup for the free Sikora Law newsletter to keep up with the latest news and events about property law!
- Our 150th Post: Ohio Supreme Court Holds Appeal of Planning Commission Order by Service of Summons by Clerk of the Courts on Administrative Agency Along with Notice of Appeal within Statutory Timeframe is Sufficient
- Federal Reserve chief has one recipe for housing market
- Distressed Property Sales Drop, Despite Push to Sell
- American home equity cut by one-third
- More lawmakers join major push to reduce QRM down payment