Rates for 30-year fixed-rate conventional mortgages dropped 8 basis points to 4.87% last week. Still under scrutiny for last year’s revelations of foreclosure process deficiencies, lenders have slowed the pace of foreclosure-related notices to a 36-month low last month. Roughly 255,000 properties received at least one foreclosure-related notice in February, down 14% from January and down 27% from the same time last year
NewsletterSignup for the free Sikora Law newsletter to keep up with the latest news and events about property law!
- Our 150th Post: Ohio Supreme Court Holds Appeal of Planning Commission Order by Service of Summons by Clerk of the Courts on Administrative Agency Along with Notice of Appeal within Statutory Timeframe is Sufficient
- Federal Reserve chief has one recipe for housing market
- Distressed Property Sales Drop, Despite Push to Sell
- American home equity cut by one-third
- More lawmakers join major push to reduce QRM down payment