Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke gave a rare interview to 60 Minutes last night to build consensus around the Fed’s latest round of bond purchases designed to lower interest rates on long term loans like mortgages. Bernanke reiterated that the Fed is willing to purchase more than the $600 billion that has been announced under its Quantitative Easing II (“QE2”) if the economy begins to falter. Lastly, he opined that unemployment could take four or five years to fall back to normal levels.
NewsletterSignup for the free Sikora Law newsletter to keep up with the latest news and events about property law!
- Our 150th Post: Ohio Supreme Court Holds Appeal of Planning Commission Order by Service of Summons by Clerk of the Courts on Administrative Agency Along with Notice of Appeal within Statutory Timeframe is Sufficient
- Federal Reserve chief has one recipe for housing market
- Distressed Property Sales Drop, Despite Push to Sell
- American home equity cut by one-third
- More lawmakers join major push to reduce QRM down payment